If you think about it, all large companies grow from small ones. There are different factors that make their success vary such as the area they cover, the number of customers they attain, or what kind of products they produce along with the quantity. But the truth is that all companies start out small and has the potential to grow larger as they develop their marketing skills.
Marketing tips come a dime a dozen. But effective marketing tip are the ones that have been tried and proven true. Here are some very effective marketing tips you can use to grow your small business.
- Use Direct Mail: Postcards are great for ad campaigns. With the ad printed on the postcard, it is easy to send it to targeted prospects. Because this technique also appeals to people, a concise message will easily generate traffic to your website. This is a low cost method that leads to sales.
- Restructure Marketing Tactics: Customers tend to get bored with the same marketing approach. To ignite interest for your consumers, be more involved with planning and implementing new and intriguing sales pitches.
- Joint Promotion: Joint promotions with other small businesses can save money and be beneficial for both companies. This method gives businesses twice the reach at a low cost.
- Add Unique Offers on Phone Calls: By greeting your customer with a special offer, customers feel that their time spent talking with them was more of a personal endeavor. Personally greeting customers on phone calls gives consumers a sense of importance as it builds a strong connection to the company for them. Announcing a special offer that is close to expiration will promote the caller’s urgency to inquire about the offer.
- Stickers, Stamps, and Notes: One way to promote your business is by using stickers, stamps, and handwritten notes in mail subscriptions. This is fun information for consumers especially when the message can be read in 10 seconds or less.
- Newsletters: Another cost effective way to invest in your clients and generate sales is by using newsletters. A newsletter is a great way to keep up with your clients on a regular basis. Always include your brand and logo to gain recognition and interest from new and loyal customers.
- Follow-ups: Being an effective marketer is important especially right after your customer purchases a product from you. Sending them a handwritten note of thanks and gratitude will offer them a strong connection as it lets them know they mean something to the company from where they made the purchase.
- Hold a Special Event: Seminars, open houses, special promotions, and other events are key methods and techniques to gain interaction with customers while acquiring media coverage. Always find time to thoroughly prepare so your event is a proper display of class and elegance to maintain a high image of the company. For seminars, limiting the attendance and charging fees projects value of the event.
- Bartering: One way of promoting a business at a very low cost is by using the products and services in acquiring other products and services. This is called bartering. One common example of bartering is by sponsoring an event which offers other companies the benefit of donating a certain amount of goods in order to gain an advertising space for the event. This is very economical and a smart way of offering effective promotion for a business.
- Mail-outs and Flyers: One way to distribute printed ad material is through brochures, flyers, and mail-outs. Businesses can impress customers without saying a word. Spending your marketing dollars wisely is why mail-outs and flyers can yield a great return on these promotion pieces.